İÇİL TRAINING and CONSULTING
Keynote Speech and panel moderations on the topics of digital transformation, marketing in the digital age, technology trends and innovation.
Corporate workshops and trainings on digital transformation, digital marketing, strategic planning, innovation, leadership and presentation skills.
Mustafa Icil graduated from Istanbul American Robert College and completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Bosphorus University Computer Engineering Department. He then got his Master’s Degree from the same university and department.
Between 1994-2005, he has worked in Microsoft Chicago and Microsoft Turkey. In Microsoft, he has taken different marketing roles with the most recent one being the Windows Senior Product Marketing Manager. In parallel to this role, he has also been a member of the Microsoft’s global team focusing on emerging market strategies and led the local project team working on increasing the PC penetration in Turkey.
Between 2005-2007, he worked as Apple Turkey Marketing Manager and with the projects he has led in this role, he was chosen as one of the “Top Marketing Managers in 2006” by Capital magazine.
Between 2007-2013, he has taken different senior management roles in Google starting as the Google Turkey Marketing Manager, taking the marketing responsibilities of Greece, Middle East and Africa over the course of his employment in Google, and most recently becoming the Regional Marketing Director for Google Turkey, Middle East and North Africa. As the head of marketing, he was responsible for Google's brand management, product and market strategies, channel programs, acquisition and retention projects and strategic partnerships. In addition, for a year, he worked as the marketing lead within the Global Emerging Markets Council which was a task group setting the expansion strategies of Google in emerging markets. In Google, along with his team, he has initiated and led multiple award winning projects with some being scaled globally.
In 2013, Mustafa Icil founded his own company, İÇİL Training and Consulting, working as a Keynote Speaker, Trainer and Consultant focusing on Digital Transformation, Marketing in the Digital Age, Technology Trends, Strategic Planning and Innovation. He is also a lecturer in Bosphorus University Executive MBA program delivering the "Digital Strategy" course.
KEYNOTE SPEECH TOPICS
Keynote Speech and panel moderations on the topics of digital transformation, marketing in the digital age, technology trends and innovation. If you would like to invite me as a keynote speaker or panel moderator to your events, please use the contact form below. You can see some of my keynote speech topics below. Please also contact me for customized content requests.
ADAPTING TO DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
In the recent years, companies that were not able to adapt their businesses to digital transformation got left behind competition. In the meantime, some younger companies changed the rules of the game by coming up with new and innovative business models making it more challenging for other companies to stay ahead of the game. Digital Transformation has a different meaning for each sector or each department; however, there is a common definition and approach. What exactly is Digital Transformation? What does it mean for companies? Who are the leaders of Digital Transformation within organizations? How does it impact the business models and consumer experiences? Where does Industry 4.0, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things (IOT) and Blockchain sit within this concept? In this keynote, we address these questions and discuss what it means to be agile and adapt to Digital Transformation not to stay behind.
MARKETING IN THE DIGITAL AGE
The basics of traditional marketing did not change, but what the digital world offers and the new consumption behaviours create a need to look at marketing from a different perspective. Who are Digital Natives, Digital Fugitives and Digital Immigrants? What is changing in the marketing world and how shall we adapt our marketing strategies to this change?
ENABLING CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
We are in a world where the competitive edge relies on creativity and innovation, and it is a priority for companies to build these two into their DNAs. How can individuals within a company be more creative? How can teams empower each other to trigger more creativity and innovation? How can the management teams integrate innovation within the company culture?
MEASURING SUCCESS IN DIGITAL MARKETING
You have access to a variety of data in digital platforms to track the behaviours and responses. Are you able to measure the success of your digital marketing activities efficiently using these data? What metrics determine the success of your digital marketing efforts? What should be the approach to measuring success in digital marketing?
CREATING VIRAL IMPACT
Having our messages spread through large audiences within a short time frame is one of the top priorities of digital marketing activities. We want this wave we create to reach all our targets. What do Reference Marketing, Influencer Marketing, Growth Hacking mean? How can one create viral impact through these approaches? How do we define success in viral marketing?
WORKSHOPS and TRAININGS
Corporate workshops and trainings on digital transformation, digital marketing, strategic planning, innovation, leadership and presentation skills. To get more information about the following workshops and trainings, you can reach me using the contact form.
DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGIES
With the rapid shift of marketing focus from traditional media to online platforms, it is becoming increasingly important for companies to have a firm grasp on how to build robust digital marketing strategies. This course covers the digital marketing fundamentals and ways to structure an effective and measurable digital marketing strategy. The main goal of the course is to help participants gain a solid understanding of various digital marketing approaches and tools to be able to build digital marketing strategies and evaluate their impact effectively.
- Digital Transformation and Marketing Trends
- Impact of Digital Transformation on Business Models
- Disruptive Business Models
- Pillars of Digital Transformation
- Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence
- New Marketing and E-Commerce Trends
- Leaders of Digital Transformation in Companies
- Trend Analysis and Measuring Success in Digital
- Trend Analysis Tools and Approaches
- Setting Metrics Based on Targets
- Big Data and Marketing Data Sources
- Sample Marketing Measurement Approaches
- Funnel Analysis for E-Commerce Sites
- Search Engine Marketing and Content Strategy
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Defining and Implementing Content Strategy
- Mobile Compatibility and Mobile Marketing
- Search Engine Ads
- Digital Advertising and Lead Generation
- Digital Advertising Strategies
- E-Mail Marketing
- Programmatic Advertising
- Landing Pages
- E-Commerce Approaches
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Platforms
- Building a Social Media Strategy
- Creating Engagement in Social Media
- Managing Communication on Social Media
- Digital Identity and Personal Digital Branding
- Reputation Management
- Influencer Marketing
- Viral Impact vs. Viral Success
- Celebrities vs. Opinion Leaders vs. Micro Influencers
- Methods of Creating Viral Impact
FUNDAMENTALS of STRATEGIC MARKETING AND PLANNING
This training covers the fundamental marketing concepts and building blocks of a Strategic Marketing Plan. The purpose is to share the process of strategic planning along with basic marketing principles that can be used while building the plan. All the topics are followed with brainstorming sessions and group workshops to make it easier to turn concepts into practice.
- Strategic Plan and the Building Blocks
- Creating the Company Vision
- Market Analysis Approaches and Tools
- Competition Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Segmentation Strategies
- Target Setting
- Relationship between Vision, Strategy and Tactic
- Growth Strategies
- Competition Strategies
- Brand Identity and the Building Blocks
- Brand Positioning
- Pricing Strategies
- Marketing Communication Principles
- Measuring Success
ENABLING CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
We are in a world where the competitive edge relies on creativity and innovation, and it is a priority for companies to build these two into their DNAs. How do we implement the creativity and innovation within the company culture as an individual or as a team? How can you be more creative as an individual, how can teams empower each other for creativity and innovation, how can the company culture support innovation.
- Relationship Between Creativity and Innovation
- Different Faces of Innovation in Companies
- Being More Creative as an Individual
- The Process of Idea Generation
- Evaluating Ideas with the Acid Test
- The Barriers and Triggers of Creativity
- Team Culture That Enables Innovation
- Innovation in Company Culture
- Examples of Innovative Culture
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION WORKSHOP
Digital Transformation is now becoming more than tool to gain competitive advantage. It is becoming a need for sustainability and survival. In this workshop, we bring out the innovative ideas to kick off the digital transformation journey of your company through brainstorming sessions and group exercises.
- Digital Transformation Pillars and Approaches
- Sector/Company/Competition Analysis
- Digital Transformation Brainstorming Sessions
- Proiritization of Ideas by KPI
- Detailing and Evaluation of the Innovative Ideas
- Discussion of Challenges and Next Steps
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
This training focuses on the approaches and skills needed to turn oneself from a sole team manager to a leader that delivers results and grows the team. It covers the topics of how to build a strong team, motivate people, manage performance, grow and help others grow, and enable creativity and innovation to get the best out of the teams.
- Challenges of Managers
- Building Blocks of Successful Leadership
- Choosing the Right People for the Team
- Effective Job Interviews
- Different Organizational Approaches
- Communication Built on Character Styles
- Building a Long Term Vision
- Giving the Team a Direction
- Building Trust and Motivation Within the Team
- Performance Management Processes
- Awarding Success
- Career Growth Plans
- Innovative Leader
- Being Creative as an Individual
- Empowering the Team to Enable Creativity
- Turning Creativity into Innovation
The purpose of this training is to share the techniques to use for more effective communication of ideas on stage in company meetings, customer meetings and large conferences. The training covers the full process from preparation to delivery supported by individual presentations which are observed and rated by the trainer and the attendees.
- Planning the Presentation Flow and Content
- Preparations Before the Meeting/Event
- Body Language and Use of Voice
- Building Presence on Stage
- Controlling Stage Anxiety
- Managing Audience Engagement
- Turning Theory into Practice (video recorded workshop)
- Maintaining Control against the Unexpected
- Preparing for Customer and Corporate Presentations
- Controlling the Meeting Flow
- Addressing the Questions in Corporate Presentations
- Customer and Corporate Presentations (video recorded workshop)